This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Badminton is considered one of the most popular sports in the world that helps players enhance their health and physical development. Furthermore, this is an affordable sport, meaning that people of all classes and ages can play together. It does not cost you much for a playful time in the yard. All you need is a suitable badminton racket.
What if you are a beginner? To choose the best badminton rackets for beginners, you need to know some fundamental things. Typically, the flexible and lightweight rackets will help you control the match well. When you are a pro, you can use the heavy head rackets. With comprehensive play, you can choose a balanced one.
- Top 5 Best Soccer Socks For Youth & Professional Players (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Soccer Cleats For Wide Feet | Wide Youth Soccer Cleats (2021 Reviews)
Then look at the best badminton racket for beginners list below. below we have listed the best racquets and highlights of them for beginners.
Top 9 Best Badminton Rackets for Beginners 2021
1. Best Overall – Yonex Muscle Power 3 Badminton Racket
- MUSCLE POWER FRAME with carbon...
- Frame: Aluminum
- Shaft: Carbon Graphite
As its name is indicated, using this racket can require some muscle exercising. However, don’t worry because it won’t take much of your effort that could bend your wrist.
At first, you will need quite a significant amount of time to get used to the racquet’s weight. But when you get accustomed to it, you can see how easy it is to hold the racket stably. Thanks to the adequate weight, the smashes can be shown quite well, and the shuttlecock passing is softer.
Thanks to the big lovely spot from every side on the cord, your shots would be heightened to more improved preciseness. Besides, the racket performance is worth noticing too. Whether your shots and strikes are so concentrated, it will stay constant, meaning that it will be less exhausting to grasp shock.
- It accompanies a big spot
- It has adequate weight for more upgraded shots
- It has good performance
- Compared to other standard rackets, it is quite short
2. Best Design – Senston N80 Graphite Single High-Grade Badminton Racquet
- RACKET PARAMETER: Senston N80/...
- 100% FULL CARBON FIBER MATERIAL:...
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: The racket has...
The Badminton racquet from the brand Senston is an ideal choice for a modest-budget user. Yet, it still boasts a rather good performance.
The racket is mainly enhanced sleekness with a rugged design to boost faster performance. Also, the accuracy on the spot is focused thanks to the durable fiber. However, the lightweight structure holds all of the crucial points on board while playing.
There are 9 available colors for you to choose, and they are one of a kind, strange and eye-catching. This Senston N80 badminton racquet is suitable for beginners as it offers enough efficiency and does not require any special techniques to use it. This is what other firms wish to have those qualities for a relatively inexpensive product.
- Reasonable price with fast-speed performance
- Perfect movement for amateur players
- It has a limited efficiency
3. Best for Accuracy – Apacs EdgeSaber 10 White Badminton Racket
- Isomectric head frame - Equalizes...
- 76 Grommets system - This...
- GS Carbon Nanotech - The new...
At first, the primary white color of the Apacs badminton racket can make us realize that it is for professionals. Perhaps, badminton novices can begin their journey with a more expert look with this racket.
The weight of the racket is about to 86 grams, and the length is appropriate at about 677mm. It’s not a too ideal measurement for entry-level players. Still, after using it sometimes, you’ll find it easy to control. To provide users with sharp smashes, it was designed with a big sweet spot for more accurate shots.
- It comes with the right balance
- It is made of GS carbon nanotech frame
- It is lightweight enough for a comfortable practicing time
- The grip is quite stiff and small with ones that have bigger hands
4. Best for Defensive Game – Dynamic Shuttle Sports Ares Red 68 Indoor/Outdoor Badminton Racket
- Include: 1 Ares Red-68 racket, 1...
- Material: Ultra-high modulus...
- Advantage: At least 10% increase in...
Who says amateur badminton players are less competitive than the pros. With this high defensive and lightest racket from the brand Dynamic Shuttle Sports, your game will be much more relaxed but still full of healthy competition.
This product is mainly for novices who play defensive games. Therefore, it highlights a lightweight modulus carbon frame, just about 68g in total. However, it’s reliable that you can use it for both defense and offense purposes. The racket is applied to ordinary strings and cords, but the tension is up to 30 lbs.
As being lightweight for all-level use, your swing speed will be increased at least 10%, making the turning points more accurately and professionally.
- Very lightweight and durable
- It accompanies an extra cover
- Suitable for all levels, even the beginners
- The grip is claimed to be a little slippery
5. Best for Stability – YONEX B-350 Badminton Racquet/Racket
- Features an oval head combined with...
- Weighs approximately 100g
- Pre-strung by the manufacturer
Yonex is known as the manufacturers of various professional rackets in the word. But now, they are starting to speed up the novice badminton rackets session. With a relatively agreeable price, they provide enough efficiency and precisely what a beginner expects for their racquet.
For amateurs, the product offers a sufficient level of versatility, pleasant fit, and excellent build characteristics. When you start to smash, it’s incredibly exact and smooth, with no requirements of individual technique. It just needs an accurate wrist movement. It will definitely turn you into a more established badminton novice without demanding much exertion.
Thanks to the light steadiness of its head as well as the lightweight build, the racket surely helps make your time spent on the yard much simpler. Durable and robust, this badminton racquet for novices is worth a try.
- It has an excellent maneuverability structure
- Great for recreational time
- Cords are long-lasting enough to help lift the shuttlecock not too high
- It’s a little bit heavy for most beginners
6. Best Badminton Set – RiteTrak Sports FiberFlash 7 Badminton Racket Set
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION. ONE-PIECE...
- A FULL SET. WITH CARRY BAG. AND...
- STURDY GRIP. GREAT PERFORMANCE. You...
This can be seen as the best premium racket set on our list. RiteTrak Sports is commonly famous for its mid-range products with prominent performance.
Generally, the set comprises of a couple of versatile, pre-strung, high-grade one-part carbon fiber racquets, and three soft nylon shuttlecocks.
This is a useful set that has everything you need as a novice. It has a leatherette zipper bag that can protect the tools inside. What’s more impressive is its performance. Thanks to the nice stable grip, holding the racket for a long time would not be a burden anymore. Also, the light and tight stringing net surface can make the shuttlecock rise high but with a fixed steadiness. It’s probably the best basic badminton set for beginners.
- It is a full badminton set
- Great performance for amateurs
- Made of high-grade materials
- The birdies have a relatively low speed
7. Best for Sweet Spot – Wilson Titanium Matchpoint Badminton Racquet
- Sold as an Each
- Medium flex, recreational badminton...
- Built to last with titanium...
This badminton racket from Wilson would be suitable for someone who is a beginner and needs a more reliable and practical racket than the relatively inexpensive ones.
The aluminum frame can make security all over the racket, and it also enhances its durability for a long time of use. The handle is demonstrated to be versatile enough to handle the hard smashes and receive good accuracy.
It weighs about 104 grams, though it’s not too ideal for a female beginner to control the game, it has a big sweet area. This means when using offense moves, the bats are softer and more precise.
- It has a wide sweet spot
- Made of a two-piece metal construction
- Ergonomic handle grip for convenience and comfort
- The handle is poor quality
8. Best for Handle – (Non-Branded) Ultra-light Badminton Racket All Carbon Fiber Single Shot Racquet
- EXCELLENT HANDLE-Handle with high...
- ULTRA-LIGHT-Only 80 grams，really...
- ALL CARBON MATERIAL-Good toughness,...
In this list, we include a non-branded product that is entirely unfamiliar to you. You even didn’t know it has existed for years and has been sold hundreds of items. Hence, why do we embrace it in our top list? It’s not randomness. We have tried and asked several customers about this particular racquet, and the truth is it’s really good at a mid-range level.
First, the construction quality is primarily excellent. The manufacturer has used carbon fiber for the whole item. Therefore, it can deal with lots of stress, but it’s not simple to twist. When the game requires your fast moves, this item can assist you well.
Besides, thanks to the rubber grip handle, you’ll almost feel no fatigue after a long session. As we said above, the existence of this racket is somewhat unknown for some. However, we realize that its overall quality is not inferior to any other branded product.
- The racket is great for amateurs and intermediate users
- It owns a soft rubber handle
- It offers good build quality with a sufficient performance
- Its size is smaller than the standard size
9. Best for Budget – Fostoy Badminton Racquet Badminton Racket Set
- EXCELLENT MATERIAL AND BEAUTIFUL...
- GREAT FOR PLAYERS OF ANY LEVEL: The...
- PERFECT DESIGNED DETAILS: Our...
This is another badminton set produced by brand Fostoy. Compared to the set from RiteTrak Sports, it is sold at a much low-priced cost. Hence, its performance is somewhat less competitive than its rivals. However, for a low-budget beginner, I’d recommend this set as it still offers an adequate level of flexibility.
At first glance, you can realize that the most distinctive feature of the set is the all-carbon construction, fiber wire, stiff timber handle. It is suitable for novices thanks to the oval head structure that can boost the sweet spot of the racquet, then increases the area of hitting cleverly.
- Reasonable price with relatively smooth performance
- Designed to fit with beginners’ adaptability
- Easy-to-use handle
- The string is claimed to be quickly loose after hard use
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Best Badminton Racquets for Beginners
Like other products, before purchasing the best badminton racket for beginners, you need to know the factors that may affect your choice. We understand that this is a time-consuming process, so we have done it for you. Let’s look at our buying instruction to find out what you exactly want at an entry-level racquet.
1. Purposes of use
The first thing you need to do is determine the purpose of the badminton racket. will you buy it for a professional competition, for daily practice, or for training? Depending on your goal, you will choose the most suitable racket.
- Top 7 Best Racquetball Shoes For Wide Feet & Ankle Support (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Racquetball Goggles: Head Pro, E-force or Gearbox (2021 Reviews)
For example, if you buy rackets to compete, you definitely need to choose products with good quality from famous brands, with the most accurate specifications.
If you only need a racket to practice badminton daily to improve health, the racquet is not necessarily high quality, or expensive.
2. Racket weight (U number)
This parameter is denoted by the letter U on the sticker or engraved laser near the head of the racquet staff. Sometimes, it is imprinted on the body of the racquet. The bigger the number U on the handle, the lighter the racket.
- 2U: 90-94 gr.
- 3U: 85-89 gr.
- 4U: 80-84 gr.
- 5U: Under 80 gr.
For Asians in general, 3U (85-89 gr) is a moderate racket weight. People with strong arms and wrists can choose 2U (90-94 gr). Women and children can choose lighter versions like 4U (80-84 gr) or 5U (under 80 gr). If the weight of the rope and rolled tape is added, the racket will weigh more or less on 10 gr.
But usually, the lightweight racquet of between 80-84g will be the ideal choice for beginners. Lightweight allows new players to change and recover speed quickly while helping serve faster and change the direction of play, more rapid improvisation in the match.
3. Grip Circumference
This parameter with the letter G is also in the stamp, right next to the weight U number. The bigger the number G, the smaller the grip. People with big hands usually prefer the circumference of G2 and G3, while the average person or younger often choose G4 and G5.
If the handle is too small, the advantage is that the grip will be more flexible when the grip is almost in hand. However, the disadvantage is that the handle is loose, making you feel unstable, and the smashing is less forceful.
Thus, you should choose the grip size that fits your hand size. This depends on how often you play or the way you practice. Through the long-stroke process, you can find the right grip for your hand.
- Very flexible: Stunning play, difficult to control but also hard for the rival to guess your movements.
- Medium: This type are average. For good amateur players, this type is suitable. When choosing to buy this type, you should pay attention to weight and balance to choose appropriately.
- Hard: Hit hard. Suitable for young and energetic people.
- Very hard: Powerful, precise blow. Powerful wrist jerk. This type is suitable for professional athletes.
For new players, you should choose the soft racquet and a bit on the light side for easy control. When you have hit well, you need to adopt more stringent rackets.
5. Dynamic balance
This index helps the racquet not vibrate when impacted with the shuttle.
You can check the product by squeezing the grip on the surface of the rack, using your finger to gently slide into the top of the racquet in a perpendicular direction. If the top of the racket vibrates straight, it won’t shake horizontally. If it does, the product is damaged or fake.
Tension is the most critical factor when choosing a badminton racquet for beginners. For novices, you should select the average tension, not too tight. For players with long experience and that tend to use more force on the shot, they will prefer a higher level of tension at about 22-23 lbs.
Hardness is an essential factor that you cannot ignore when buying a badminton racket because it will directly affect your playing technique.
Specifically, the racket with a large hardness will be suitable for the game in favor of a fast attack with many tricks. The flexible body is ideal for new players because you do not need to take too much effort to hit the ball.
1. What is the most suitable tension for racket strings?
As far as we’re concerned, the string tension is a very individual and subjective topic. Actually, it depends on your way to operate, level, and strength. To achieve the most effective play, beginners should start with the tension level at 22 – 25 lbs and increase tension when you develop and become more powerful. Similarly, a 25 – 27 lbs tension is appropriate for intermediate players to receive more power and propulsive force. Progressive users may need a tension level at 27 – 29 lbs to bring them extra propulsive force, and pros can use over 30 lbs tension level to get supreme output.
2. Would it be a good idea for me to buy a pair of badminton shoes, would I be able to stay with ordinary sports shoes?
Compared to running, development around the yard includes heaps of speedy, sidelong, or sideways developments. Typical sprinters or football shoes are intended to push ahead. Badminton ones are meant for progressively parallel or sideways developments and offer a great deal of assurance along the edges. Wounds can be kept away from by getting a passage level shoe, it will give you considerably more security when contrasted with ordinary sports shoes.
3. Are grips significant? Which ones are suggested?
Indeed, grips are significant! The decision of which grip to go for is totally up to you, there are 3 sorts: thick substitution grip, slim overgrip, or towel ones. Adhere to the one you’re generally pleased with.
Conclusion – Your Best Badminton Rackets For Beginners
There are numerous badminton rackets in the market. Every kind of them is appropriate for each type of user. From the outset, we attempted to draw out all the best highlights of every item. As the audit is intended for amateur players, our needs were to draw out the best in every item.
- Top 5 Best Soccer Balls For Training & Official Matches (2021 Reviews)
- The Best Portable Soccer Rebounder For Goalkeepers: Tekk, Franklin or Goalrilla (2021 Reviews)
We would like to leave the decision to you. As a shopper, you ought to have the option to decide what we have introduced. In any case, to come clean with you, our investigation should give you a legitimate thought regarding the item.
In final words, we made a top list of specific things for you to recollect. We believe this manual can help you find what you are searching for.
Latest Badminton Rackets Bestsellers ON SALE!
- This replacement grip makes for a...
- Extremely durable with a soft feel
- For tennis and other uses
- 【CARBON FIBER MATERIALS】Our...
- 【FULL CONTROL COMFORTABLE GRIP】...
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT WITH EDGE GUARD...
- 【Brand New Design】-Unscrew the...
- 【More Tennis】-2 tennis balls, 1...
- 【Solo Tennis Training】-Single...
Don’t forget to check out other best lists in our Sport Gear section.
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2023-11-16 at 15:34 via Amazon Product Advertising API.