This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Mouth guards are vital to protect the mouth from injuries when playing contact sports such as boxing, hockey, tennis, soccer, etc. The mouth guard helps protect the soft tissues in the mouth as well as the lips and cheeks from being bitten by teeth, especially those who are wearing orthodontic equipment.
- Top 5 Best Boxing Games Of All Time Reviews (2021)
- Top 5 Best Boxing Shoes for Training You Don’t Wanna Miss (2021)
Every boxing, MMA, and Muay Thai athlete needs a high-quality mouth guard. The best boxing mouth guards must reach extreme standards of protection. Here is the list of nine best boxing mouth guards in 2021 and detailed buying guides.
- Top 9 Best Boxing Mouth Guards 2021 Reviews
- What Is A Boxing Mouth Guard?
- How to Choose Your Best Boxing Mouth Guards – Buying Guides
- Final Verdict
Top 9 Best Boxing Mouth Guards 2021 Reviews
1. SISU Mouth Guards Aero 1.6mm
- Medium sports mouthguard offers...
- At only 1.6mm thick, the ultralight...
- The slim, custom fit makes it easy...
Firstly, in terms of design, the SISU mouth guard is lightweight and thinner doubly than conventional mouth guards, which enhance convenience and comfort for both professional athletes and newcomers. Users can easily do daily tasks such as breath, talk, and even drink without taking the guard off.
Notably, the unit is suitable for even an 11-year-old athlete. For young athletes, the SISU mouth guard is perfect. For mature players participating in professional boxing matches, SISU products can still handle effectively.
It offers Diffusix technology to distribute the force exerted over a full area intelligently. Hence, it can effectively minimize the risk of tooth injuries.
Moreover, this mouth guard offers improved mold resistance and rounded edges for a seamless fit. Lastly, for the product assurance, you can rest assured that a $35,000 dental warranty backs this model for the whole year from the purchasing date.
- Lightweight and extra-thin
- Enhance ultimate comfort for the users
- Can do daily tasks while wearing
- Big mold, full pad, and rounded edges
- Diffusix technology applied
- Suitable for young athletes (11 years old and above)
- Too thin for some players
The SISU mouth guard Aero 1.6mm is a perfect choice for young professional athletes and novices. It offers the ultimate benefits for mouth protection through advanced technology and innovative designs.
2. Venum Challenger Mouth Guard
- Ne XT fit gel frame for a better...
- Advanced design for optimal...
- High Density rubber frame for a...
Venum Challenger mouth guard is an ultimate choice for those who attend intense national boxing matches. Its layout is built to fit perfectly in the mouth and provide maximum protection. It also has an exclusive breathing channel for enhanced performance.
The Venum Challenger mouth guard features a premium gel frame for maximizing the flexibility and comfort while wearing for the whole match. It assists with high-density rubber frames to enhance overall protection.
Read More: Best Books On Boxing Training 2021!
The manufacturer also provides a handy case for convenience that you can bring anywhere. This version has been updated mostly with a custom fit that keeps the guard stable in your mouth.
However, it is made from latex, so if you are allergic to latex products, this unit may not be your first choice.
- Enhance the protection and comfort
- Suitable for professional athletes
- Innovative design
- Comes with a handy case
- Not ideal for those who have latex allergies
- Difficult to talk when wearing
For the professional boxing athletes, the Venum Challenger mouthguard is one of the best boxing mouth guards that you should consider.
3. Redline Sportswear Custom Molded Mouth Guard
- One Size Fits All - You'll find the...
- Safe Materials - We take your...
- Carrying Case Included - Rest...
Redline Sportswear mouth guard is manufactured with POE, BPA, and non-latex materials. It also comes in a ventilated case, which is assured to protect the mouth guard from dirt and bacteria.
This Redline Sportswear product stands out as its best protection for MMA, kickboxing, BJJ, lacrosse, football, hockey, and other sports. It is also easy to use and provide full protection of the gums, teeth, and lips,
Primarily, this mouthguard can protect your mouth muscles from the most potent attacks of elbows. It can also be used by both children and adults with some necessary changes.
However, a considerable disadvantage is the bulky size of the product. Users cannot speak and are hard to breathe when wearing the unit.
- High-quality and safe-for-health materials
- Comes with a ventilated case
- Provides ultimate protection
- Suitable for both children and adults
- Hard to talk when wearing
The Redline Sportswear mouth guard is the best for any professional athlete who participates in intensive sports matches such as MMA or kickboxing.
4. Under Armour SC30 Hoops Mouth Guard
- Microwaveable, Boilable
- Re-fittable and Chew Resistant...
- ArmourFit material
This US-based Under Armour SC30 mouth guard is also an ideal choice for most interactive sports. It receives tons of acclaims from the dentists due to its reasonable fitting and safe materials. Like other high-end products, it allows you to talk and breathe easily, and even chew bubble gum.
The comfort level of the Under Armour SC30 unit is extraordinary when placing it inside the mouth. It also has a lightweight and adjustable feature that adds more comfort.
The single-shot design provides a tight, custom fit. It also features a basketball textured finish, which is perfect for any basketball match.
Finally, you do not need to worry about the bad smell while wearing the guard as it offers Steph Curry’s “SC” initials and a unique lemonade flavor.
However, some customers criticize the thickness of the product, which creates mouth muscle fatigue after wearing for hours.
- Appropriate for most types of active sports
- Perfect-fit design
- Ultimate comfort level
- Features basketball texture
- Offers fragrance flavor
- Too thick for some
The Under Armour SC30 mouth guard is an ideal choice for a high level of comfort. The product is suitable for young athletes as the fragrance smell it offers is nice.
5. CT-Tebrun Sports Mouth Guard
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION :Why...
- 100% SAFE MATERIALS:High-quality...
- COMFORT AND DURABILITY:Easy to...
CT-Tebrun Sports mouth guard is perfect for the kids who practice boxing. The manufacturer offers a hygienic box, where it can be safe from dirt and bacteria.
Moreover, the unit comes in multiple sizes for children’s aging range and adults. It also offers a dual-layer design that comfortably molds to children’s teeth and gums.
As a product for young people, the CT-Tebrun Sports unit is made from high-quality strapless silicon material, which is guaranteed to contain no BPA. Nevertheless, it passes all safety tests from qualification organizations.
Denote that this unit cannot be used with the children who are wearing braces.
- Suitable for kids at all ages
- Safe and durable materials
- Comes with hygienic case
- Easy to mold and fit in the mouth
- Cannot be used with braces
The product is one of the best boxing mouth guards for kids. Every child who practices boxing or MMA will love to have this item as a birthday gift with no doubt.
6. Loudmouth Mouth Guard
- VAMPIRE FANGS: Stand out on game...
- INCREASE PERFORMANCE: Enjoy...
- EASY TO USE: No boiling required,...
Loudmouth mouth guard is the option for those who are in love with vampire style. The mouth guard is made of 100% medical hypoallergenic silicon and unfaded color paint.
The unit is super easy to mold and you can use it straight from unboxing. It has a nipple-type lip protector with a handy detachable strap and several dual-action air vents for ease of breathing and smooth airflow.
This oval design covers the lips area perfectly, which avoids the abrasion and protects your teeth through all sport matches. Moreover, The material is stain and anti-odor as well.
However, the product comes with one single size only. The manufacturer claims that the standard size can fit all types of mouth. However, some customers claim that it is too small for their mouth area.
- Creative design
- High-quality materials
- Does not harm health
- Easy to mold
- Available in one size only
- The mouth guard cannot be boiled for hygiene purposes
The Loudmouth mouthguard offers unique designs with tons of color choices for customers. It fits with people who want an eye-catching mouth guard.
7. Shock Doctor Mouthguard
- CUSTOM COMFORT & FIT - Gel-fit...
- BREATHABLE - Integrated breathing...
- PROFESSIONAL DENTAL PROTECTION -...
Shock Doctor mouthguard offers a variety of color choices. Heavy-duty exoskeletal shock frame protects your teeth from sudden impacts to the mouth in most types of sport.
When using the Shock Doctor unit for boxing, it has small holes around the guard to attach convertible straps, meaning you can use it to tie strings or crank. Not only is the mouth guard stylish, but also the most comfortable protective guard on the market for youngsters and adults.
However, removing this Shock Doctor mouth guard may cause some consumers to be annoyed. It looks small and compact, but once you fit and follow the proper instructions in the packaging, it is highly scalable, and you will not have to worry about the fitting problem.
- Heavy-duty exoskeletal shock frame
- Gel-fit liner for ultimate comfort
- Prevent the after-taste after using for hours
- Integrated breathing channels
- Too small for adult’s mouths
The Shock Doctor mouthguard is one of the best boxing mouth guards that every athlete should have. It contains the most advanced technology for excellent protection.
8. Everlast Evershield Double Mouth Guard
- Double layered frame
- Shock-absorbent inner layer...
- Specifically engineered for upper...
Everlast had gained the most significant reliability in the mouthguard industry for a century, thanks to its high quality and excellent performance. And Everlast Evershield double mouth guard would not let you down.
It provides lots of protection for both internal and external mouth areas. It makes you feel secure with a two-layer construction design that offers the utmost comfort level (as long as you follow the molding guidelines).
It can be used for various contact sports, but it’s probably best for boxing because the frame is specialized for punching movements. However, the double-layer design makes it a bit bulky for those who have smallmouth areas.
- High-quality and strong performance
- Protect for inside-out mouth area
- Two-layer construction design for high comfort level
- Designed for punching movements in boxing
- The size is bulky
In essence, the Everlast Evershield double mouth guard is the best inside out protective mouth guard for all purchasers.
9. OPRO Power-Fit Mouth Guard
- Ultimate Protection: The dual layer...
- Unrivaled Custom Fit: The fitting...
- Easy to fit: The fitting process...
OPRO mouthguard would give the most natural feeling in your mouth. You would not feel uncomfortable when wearing it for training. The mouth guard provides full protection to the gum area even with the sudden attacks.
Once molding and putting it in your mouth, the mouth guard is completely fixed. There is no need for you to use your fingers to shape it and the way it is designed to help you breathe and speak more easily when attached in the mouth.
Notably, the $20,000 warranty lasting for 18 months shows the reliability of the manufacturers for their product. The mouth guard is qualified by numerous reputable organizations from all walks of life.
- Ultimate protection and fitting
- Most substantial dental warranty compare to other products
- Easy to mold and install
- Qualified by famous organizations
- Stretch zones and high-flow gel materials
- Quite expensive
All in one, the OPRO mouth guard is one of the best boxing mouth guards for professional athletes in boxing and heavy sports.
What Is A Boxing Mouth Guard?
Mouth guards are used to helping prevent you from grinding your teeth when getting injured while playing heavy sports such as boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, or MMA. It can also help reduce snoring and sleep apnea. Depending on your needs, you can choose different types of boxing mouthguards.
- Top 5 Best Boxing Hand Wraps For Wrist Support (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Boxing Gloves For Beginners & Heavy Bag Training In 2021
- Top 7 Best Boxing Gloves With Wrist Support Professionals Love (2021 Reviews)
Usually, the mouth guards are divided into three main types depending on your usage. Each oral protection device has different advantages, but you need to understand it depending on which circumstances you should use it appropriately and effectively.
Stock Mouth Protectors
Stock mouth protectors/guards are widely used and affordable. You can find this mouth guard at sporting goods and drug stores. These protective units have sizing options of the small, medium, and large. Denote that most stock mouth-guard is only for your upper teeth.
Although stock mouth guards are easy to find and inexpensive, they do have some drawbacks. This oral protection device only comes in three fixed sizes and does not meet the size of each person’s teeth, making some people uncomfortable and challenging to use.
Boil and Bite Mouth Protectors
Similar to the stock mouth protectors, boil and bite mouth protectors are sold in drugstores and are usually inexpensive. These mouth guards are generally not available in a variety of sizes, so you need to customize this tool to fit your teeth.
To use a boil and bite mouth protector, you need to boil the mouth guard until it softens, then place it on your front teeth and bite down to create a tooth mark on the surface. To always feel comfortable, follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
Custom-Fitted Mouth Protectors
You can purchase a custom-fitted mouthguard designed by a dentist by going to the dental center. Your dentist will imprint your teeth to create a piece of protection specifically for your oral structure.
The mouth guard is designed for a much better fit than the other two types. You will feel more comfortable, and it will be difficult to fall out while you sleep due to the tight-fitting dental protection.
How to Choose Your Best Boxing Mouth Guards – Buying Guides
1. Elasticity and Tear Resistance
Although more research is needed, mouth guards may help prevent serious injuries such as concussions. The document shows that the mouth guard helps prevent jaw and tooth injuries, cuts to the cheeks and tongue (often requires surgery to correct), and trauma to the teeth and jaw bone used to keep your teeth still.
Most mouth guards are designed with significant elasticity and tear resistance to protect the mouth, teeth, and jaw, preventing substantial damage in sports where injuries often occur. Ensure that you purchase the mouth guards with the best elasticity and durability when participating in massive games.
2. Comfort Level
For the best boxing mouth guards, the key is that the device must be suitable for your mouth, not move during times of vigorous exercise and only move in many different positions based on subject requirements.
3. Clean and Hygiene
Like all sports equipment, thorough care extends the life of the mouthguard. Keep mouth guards in perfect condition by washing them with soap and water or mouthwash, then leave to dry.
If handled carefully, mouthwash can be used all season long. Oral protection should be checked before use, especially for athletes who like to chew on it.
4. Speaking and Breathing Allowance
If you or your child participates in sports, make sure you are aware of the most common injuries while playing games and take appropriate protective measures. Always wear necessary mouth shields with comfortable speaking and breathing allowance when you play games. Do not wear implantable devices (clamps, artificial bridges, or full or partial dentures) when playing sports.
1. Why do I have to wear a mouthguard?
To protect your mouth from injury. The whole dental industry agreed to support the use of mouth protectors in various sporting activities as more than 200,000 mouth injuries occur each year.
2. Are mouth guards against injury?
A mouthguard can protect against serious injuries such as brain injury, illness, fainting, jaw fracture, and neck injury by preventing cases of the upper jaw from beating and trapping.
Mouthguards are also able to paralyze the soft tissue in the mouth from being bitten, torn, and bruised on the lips and cheeks, especially for those who are wearing orthodontic devices.
3. In which sports game should I wear a mouth guard?
Any chance of colliding with other players or hard surfaces should be worn with mouth guards. Basketball, softball, wrestling, soccer, lacrosse, and MMA, as well as semi-skating and cycling, should all be worn with mouth guards while playing.
Currently, for five amateur-level sports, players are required to wear mouth guards during training and competition, which are: boxing, rugby, ice hockey, tennis, and hockey.
4. Why should children not wear mouth guards?
Parents sometimes do not understand the extent of the impact as well as the severe tooth injuries that may occur in the sports in which their children participate. Wearing mouth guards at an early age can hugely affect the breathing system and mouth structure’s development of the children.
5. How should I store a mouthguard?
- Clean this appliance by washing warm (not hot) water and soap.
- Before storing, soak the mouth guard in the mouthwash solution.
- Keep your device handy when not in use in a well-ventilated plastic container. The box must have several ventilation holes for the mouth guard to dry quickly.
- High temperatures adversely affect mouth guards. So, do not expose them to direct sunlight or keep them in a closed car.
- Do not bend your mouth guard when storing.
- Do not use or wear other people’s mouth guards.
- Call your dentist to protect your jaw if there is a problem.
The mouth guard works precisely as the name suggests, and the entire dental profession has given it to apply in practice in urgent situations. But its meaning goes beyond that, and you wouldn’t expect it to have such useful effects.
Purchasing the best boxing mouth guards is a perfect protective solution when you participate in any professional sports match. With the reviews of the nine best boxing mouth guards, we hope that you can find out which is the most appropriate unit for your needs.
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-12-06 at 22:07 via Amazon Product Advertising API.