This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
A sports player gets how painful it can be if you have an ankle sprain. There is the risk at any sport and basketball is not an exception. As estimated, about 50% of the injuries related to basketball are caused by ankle sprains. To solve that problem, ankle braces were invented to help you.
There are various brands of braces, which might be troublesome for you to choose the best one. In this article, I will share with you my research on the top 7 best ankle braces for basketball 2021. I will give a detailed summary of each item’s pros and cons. In the end, there is a buying guide for your reference.
- Top 5 Best Men‘s Basketball Shoes: Adidas, Nike or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Women‘s Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Outdoor Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour or Reebok (2021 Reviews)
Now, let’s begin!
- Top 7 Best Ankle Braces for Basketball 2021 Reviews
- Factors To Look For when shopping for the Best Ankle Support Braces for Basketball
- Final thoughts
- Latest Basketball Ankle Braces Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 7 Best Ankle Braces for Basketball 2021 Reviews
I checked and compared different products that are on sale now. Finally, I have found out the top 7 best ankle braces for basketball that you shouldn’t miss.
#1 Zamst A2-DX Ankle Brace
- ANATOMICALLY CORRECT SUPPORT: Our...
- ADJUSTABLE FIT: Our Ankle Braces...
- ANTI-ROLL AND ANTI-SPRAIN: Our...
The Zamst A2-Dx is well worth your money. It is the most well-known for the best quality in the professional world this time. If you have a high budget for an ankle brace, why not go for this top option? Well, let me give you one more support by revealing that Steph Curry wore this brace.
This brace is constructed with dual modeled EXO technology which offers great support to avoid severe sprains. The Velcro strips allow the brace to be well placed in the ankle area. In the front part, it is equipped with 2 double elastic strips that can be stretched. You can adjust the tightness of the brace as much as you wish.
This product comes with pads just in case you want to put inside the brace. This enhances the comfort of the wearer. Besides, Zamst owns I-Fit technology. The player’s ankle freely moves as fast as they can. Plus, it features A-Fit technology (anti-roll and anti-sprain). Your right and left side of the foot will be well taken care of.
All in all, Zamst A2-DX is the best choice for those who want to care for your ankles by providing excellent protection and comfort.
- Great support through EXO technology
- Velcro strips keep the brace in place
- Adjustable fit
- I-fit and A-fit technology
- Excellent protection
- High price
#2 McDavid Ankle Brace
- PREVENTS and/or helps RECOVER from...
- SUPPORTIVE Design simulates...
- COMPRESSION and COMFORT top strap...
The McDavid never lets you down by its full support and minimal weight design. Players totally feel comfortable when wearing this. It is made of single-layer polyester fabric. In the beginning, the brace might be a bit hard for you, but after a few times, it will be quite comfortable.
The brace is very well made. They don’t use any inlays to construct this brace. It mimics an athlete tape’s function. Thus, it is very light at the same time, fits comfortably in any type of shoes. The closure is customized to fit your ankles.
The range of motion is limited at some points because the product features 9 sets of eyelets instead of 6 like some other braces. This might be a bit difficult to put on. But this turns out to keep your ankles very stable.
- Full support
- The polyester fabric makes it light
- Very comfortable
- Very stable
- Adjustable strap
- Not recommended to use all-day
#3 Med Spec ASO Ankle Brace
- Stabilizing Straps form complete...
- Ballistic nylon boot provides...
- Elastic cuff closure enhances...
The Med Spec Aso is one of physical – therapists- recommended products. It is super solid. This is a moderately priced brace that brings great comfort and fit at the same time.
This brace looks like a boot and you can wear it easily. They use nylon fabric without stretching to lock your ankle in place. Two straps are designed under your foot. A wide Velcro strap keeps it stable and fit. This enhances the support to your ankles. You can play basketball for hours without feeling it too much.
As I mentioned, the chosen material makes this product very lightweight. The outstanding point is the safety locked in by figure-8 straps. This can reduce the possibility of an ankle sprain.
You should get a size that is a bit smaller than usual because it might become larger over time. To be fair, this brace requires a break-in at the beginning. However, after a few times, you barely feel anything around your ankle anymore.
- Recommended by physical therapists
- Very solid
- Bring a great fit and comfort
- Safety locked in by the figure- 8 straps
- Reasonable price
- Shouldn’t use if you have Achilles injuries
#4 SENTEQ Ankle Brace
The SENTEQ is in the top of the best neoprene products on the market now. It is a no-lace, no –strap, and no lock-tight brace. In return, it provides excellent comfort and support for daily use. It is very easy to wear.
This brace is very convenient too. You can wear it like a sock. It has a heel cutout. The combination of powerful moisture-wicking neoprene and mesh venting blend helps a lot keep your feet dry and avoid the bacteria growth. This is a great choice for basketball.
Wearers can be attracted by its good looks. And this product’s price is very reasonable. Overall, if you want a convenient, comfortable, and supportive compression brace, go for this neoprene item. One notice is that you should check the size chart and measure carefully to make sure it fits you.
- Neoprene material
- Moisture-wicking to keep feet dry and avoid bacterial growth
- Convenient and good looking
- Good support to ankles
- No laces and hard sides
#5 Nordic Lifting Ankle Compression Sleeve
- ANKLE COMPRESSION - Sleeves help...
- COMFORTABLE - Designed with comfort...
- VERSATILE - The best support for...
According to my experience, Nordic is a great option for those who have some existing ankle injuries. As such, it is extremely comfortable. This product not only helps you heal ankle injuries but also develop your performance eventually.
The Nordic does a very good job in terms of injury prevention too. It offers great protection without being too tight. Once you feel safe and comfortable with the brace, you can focus 100% on the game and limit the risk of having injuries.
This brace brings the player an exact amount of support without limiting their mobility and movements. You can use this sleeve for a training or an official tournament thanks to its functional design. It is suitable for all levels of players.
Plus, Nordic provides fantastic customer service. They offer a 1-year warranty for 1 pair of compression sleeves.
- Very suitable for injuries prevention and recovery
- Enhance player’s performance
- Easy to put on
- Well- fitted
- Very comfortable
- Great customer service
- 1 year of warranty
- Works for both training and tournament
- It might take some time to get the right size
#6 Venom Ankle Brace
The Venom is amazing for its full support. It is shown through side stabilizers. This is to reinforce the wearer’s ankle without changing their flexibility in the game.
This product features a contoured arch design to reduce the pain and make a huge contribution to the recovery process.
This brace has double strap support and laces so players can adjust the fit. This ensures comfort and security for the wearers. The neoprene material makes the brace very flexible and adapts well to the temperature variations.
They have a moisture-wicking system so that the brace is very breathable and dry all the time. In terms of weight, this product is not heavy at all. The manufacturer shows you a very clear size chart. You should check carefully before purchasing.
The bonus point of this brace is the PDF complimentary guide. They write various recovery exercises for your ankle and an instructional guide to support you at putting the brace correctly.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Contoured arch design to reduce pain
- Double strap and laces to customize the fit
- Clear size chart
- Complimentary PDF guide
- Might feel a bit bulky if wearing heavy shoes
#7 Sleeve Stars
The Sleeve Stars is one of the best products for those who have some foot-related discomforts. If you have some injuries like plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, or others, you will find it very painful to play basketball. Understanding that issue, the Sleeve Stars produced this brace to somehow ease these pains, then you can enjoy your game more.
This brace gives great support without causing any discomfort to the wearer. It is very soft and not bulky at all. This sleeve works like a sock. The compression wrap allows the wearer to adjust the fit and the location where they wish the most pressure. Such a great pain relief!
Also, this brace is made of high-quality fabric that can absorb the sweat quickly and keep your feet odor-free and dry.
- Great pain relief brace
- Great support without causing any discomfort
- Very soft and comfortable
- Adjustable fit and keep the pressure on the right place as you want
- Odor-free, quick sweat- absorbing
- Works best for bigger feet
Factors To Look For when shopping for the Best Ankle Support Braces for Basketball
As the ankle is one of the easiest bones to break in the body, you will need to protect it carefully when you play basketball. But you have different reasons for choosing a brace. Some of the players wear it even though they have no pain. But some have existing injuries and they have to wear it. In case you have a severe injury in your ankles, I highly suggest you consult your doctor to get the best advice.
- Top 5 Best Budget Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Indoor Basketballs: Wilson Evolution, Molten or The Rock (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best College Basketball Jerseys To Buy (2021 Reviews)
Getting the right size of the brace can give you the best support in the game. It is advised by most basketball players that you should choose an adjustable brace. You can customize it to make it as tight as you wish. It might take some time, but you can ensure a perfect fit.
It is essential to buy a durable product, including a brace. Some lower-priced braces tend to lose the elasticity after a while. You should make sure the quality of your brace remains the support for your ankles even time passes by. In general, the more materials are used to construct an ankle brace, the more durable it is.
Most braces are made from neoprene or fabric. In my opinion, the fabric is better if you have to wear a brace all day because it can keep your feet dry and cool. And neoprene offers therapeutic heat for wearers.
The price of an ankle brace varies both in-store and online. If you focus on the top brands, you will need to spend a bit more money and might get high – quality products. But maybe it doesn’t meet your needs. So again, you have to think of your purpose before deciding to invest your money.
1. What ankle brace does Steph Curry wear?
Steph Curry wore the Zamst A2-D2. He started to wear it in the 2012-2013 NBA season to protect his prone ankles injury.
2. Do ankle braces weaken the ankle?
The ankle brace locks down your joint. If you have a weak ankle due to an injury, you should limit the range of motion during rehab. However, the strong downsides to a brace exist. If you wear it daily for injury prevention, you are, for sure, weakening your ankle from consistent use.
3. Should ankle support be tight?
An ankle brace should be tight enough to restrict the range of motion. But you shouldn’t wrap it too tight. Your blood circulation might be cut off. You can check it by pinching the nail of the big toe, then watch the color return after that.
4. Should you sleep with your ankle brace on?
You should wrap it tightly around the injured area, but not too tight. It is better to remove the bandage before going to sleep. The elevation really helps. You can keep the affected area higher and put a pillow under to reduce the swelling.
To be honest, when you play basketball, you should take the injuries seriously. Finding the right brace to protect and support your ankle is vital.
I have reviewed different types of braces for you to choose from. Read the guideline carefully too. Of course, you are free to check more information from other sites on the internet. I hope you can find the best fit depending on your requirements, needs, and injuries history.
- Top 7 Best Knee Brace for Basketball Players (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Basketball Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis & Knee Pain (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Basketball Mouthguard For Men, Women & Youth Players (2021 Reviews)
All in all, you have to ensure the strength of your ankles to enjoy your games to the fullest. And a supportive brace is always one of the best options to go. Good luck!
Latest Basketball Ankle Braces Bestselling ON SALE!
- One size fits both feet and up to...
- Protect the ankle and minimize the...
- Open heel design allows wide range...
- Shock-Absorbing & Knee Pain Relief...
- Full Adjustable & One Size Fits All...
- Comfortable & Stay in Place -...
- ADJUSTABLE STRAP can make...
- HIGH QUALITY & DURABLE - This Knee...
- COMFORTABLE - Bodyprox Knee support...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2022-07-05 at 22:36 via Amazon Product Advertising API.