This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
A good ball is the most essential accessory in an indoor basketball match. You might argue with me that you can play a game with a 15$ ball. That is right! You can have a lot of fun. But when it comes to serious training, a high-quality ball matters.
An indoor basketball should be used on hardwood courts only. If you use it for outdoor matches, it will wear down very fast. It is soft and has leather-like features so it is fun to handle, but it doesn’t stay well on a rough surface.
In this article, I will share with you my research on the top 5 best indoor basketballs on the market today, mentioning their pros and cons. A buying guide will be right after that.
The best indoor basketball in 2021 is the Wilson Evolution Indoor Basketball with its super durable, perfect grip and great bouncing factors. But if you need more options to choose from? Molten X series and Baden Elite also are great choices too.
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet & Ankle Support (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best High Top Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Kobe (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Performance Basketball Shoes: Adidas, Nike, Reebok, Lining or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
Let’s dive into the reviews to see which basketballs suite your requirements!
- Top 5 Best Indoor Basketballs 2021 Reviews
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best indoor basketball
- Conclusion – which is the best indoor basketball?
- Latest Indoor Basketballs Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 5 Best Indoor Basketballs 2021 Reviews
Among the wide range of indoor basketballs now, I have picked the 5 best products for your consideration. Let’s take a look!
1. Wilson Evolution Indoor Basketball
- When you focus on getting better,...
- Signature EVO feel: the soft feel...
- Grip & durability: the premium Evo...
The Wilson Evolution is the best selling on the American market now. It is well-known for the soft feeling it brings to the players. The raised cushion and core carcass make the ball soft when you touch, at the same time it gives a great bounce.
This product is also famous for its grip. It features the premium Evo microfiber cover and laid-in composite channels which really enhance the grip. Even when you have sweaty hands, this doesn’t affect your sharpshooting skills.
Another strong point of this ball is its durability. If you don’t want to buy a new ball every season, the Wilson Evolution is a great option. They offer a very good price with such high-quality basketball.
There are different colors for you to choose from. The official size of the ball is 29.5”. But they have different options according to your needs. Some extra information is that it was approved for play by the national federation of state high school associations (NFHS).
All in all, the Wilson Evolution is a wonderful choice for a competitive game or training.
- Very soft
- Suitable for college or high school players (Approved by NFHS )
- Super durable
- Perfect grip
- Diverse colors
- Great bounce
2. The Rock Indoor Basketball
The Rock is an amazing ball that is worth every penny. This is an official ball with the size of 29.5”. This is a perfect fit for 15+ players.
To be honest, this brand is not as famous as Wilson or Spalding. But you can’t judge the quality of one product by its reputation all the time. There are a few outstanding features that you shouldn’t miss.
This ball offers a great handling and soft tacky feel. The bounce is just fine, not too flat nor bouncy. It has a cushion and extensive channels. This provides a secure feel to your hands. It can wick the moisture too.
The Rock is extremely durable. It doesn’t lose grip easily. It is not easy to find a great leather basketball with this price on the market now.
- Perfect for 15+ players
- Great handling and soft tacky feel
- Good bounce
- Cushion and extensive channels to offer a secure feel
- Reasonable price
- It might go flat faster than some other brands
3. Baden Elite Indoor Basketball
- DESIGN - The Elite’s proprietary...
- PERFECTION - The Elite’s...
- ADVANTAGE - This is a basketball...
The Baden Elite is a popular college basketball game too. Let me reveal an interesting piece of information: the Harlem Globetrotters used this brand. The composite microfiber cover brings a great grip.
The patented Cushion Control Technology (CCT) offers a softer feel, more real bounce. This ball can absorb the moisture very fast. You won’t worry about sweating too much during the game.
The Baden ball is very durable. It seems to be tacky at the beginning. But after an hour or so, it will break-in. They produce 2 sizes, namely 28.5” and 29.5”. They are slightly different in terms of price.
Overall, I would say this is an amazing ball to support you to reach your fullest potential in the game. It is also very affordable.
- Great grip thanks to composite microfiber cover
- Patented cushion control technology
- 2 sizes 28.5” and 29.5”
- It is a bit tacky when you start
4. Molten X Series Indoor Basketball
The Molten X Series is a great choice to practice your shooting skills. The premium composite leather cover creates a good bounce and realistic grip. Moreover, the white tripe counts up extra channels, which helps you easily track the ball’s rotation when you shoot.
The grip is more excellent thanks to the surface pebbling. This is to enhance consistency. The composite leather is quicker to break in. It is durable as well.
If you are looking for a FIBA ball, the Molten X is definitely suitable. It is officially approved by FIBA. If you are looking for a ball compatible with shooting and handling without paying a big amount of money, go for this brand.
- Perfect to practice shooting
- Good bounce and realistic grip
- White strip to track the ball’s rotation
- Fast to break-in
- FIBA approved
- Some people might find it tacky or slippery when they sweat too much
5. Spalding NBA Indoor Basketball
- Pro minded: For over three decades,...
- Horween leather: The full-grain...
- Natural grip: Wide channels that...
The Spalding NBA is a must-have brand in the list of best indoor basketballs. It is made of Horween leather which brings you a very natural feel. If you are not used to playing with a real leather ball, it may take you a while to adapt, especially in the break-in time. Good wine is always better with age. This case is the same.
With genuine leather, you don’t have to worry at all about sweaty hands. It absorbs the moisture very fast so that you can maintain the game with amazing grip. This ball is highly praised by professional players. It is actually more suitable for the intermediate level.
I have to warn you, the Spalding has a higher price than the other in the list. However, you are paying for its quality and value. The Spalding offers a unique feel when you shoot, dribble, and bounce. Every basketball player should treat yourself by trying this at least once in their life.
- Genuine leather
- Moisture- absorbing
- Amazing grip
- Suitable for intermediate level
- Unique feel when shooting, bouncing and dribbling
- Professional players’ choice
- Lasts very long
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best indoor basketball
Now it’s time to look through the buying guide below! There are several factors you should consider to get the perfect indoor basketball.
Most indoor basketballs are made of composite leather, which is quite soft, gives more grip, and does better shooting and dribbling. Another choice to make a basketball is genuine leather. This offers a more real and natural feel.
In the NBA, the professionals always choose genuine leather balls. I have to say it is a lot more expensive. But it is a great support to make your game more interesting and fun with a comfortable feeling.
- Top 7 Best Traction Basketball Shoes For Indoor & Outdoor (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Low Top Basketball Shoes For Outdoor & Wide Feet (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Men’s Basketball Shoes: Adidas, Nike or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
The real leather ball can wick moisture better too. If you sweat a lot, I highly recommend you go for this option. It might take a longer time to a break-in at the start but good things take time.
Sweaty hands or moisture are the biggest disadvantages of a basketball match. A lot of basketball manufacturers are producing a moisture-absorbing surface to give the players more control when they use the balls.
Apart from that, a wide channel and a deep groove contribute greatly when you shoot free throws or palm the ball.
It is vital to own a ball with a good bounce. It can provide the consistency for your shot. The smoother a ball is, the better bounce it has. However, if your ball has a deeper groove, you might be careful when you dribble. A deep groove helps when you shoot but it is not very helpful when you bounce.
According to the ages and genders of players, you can choose different sizes. There are 3 standard sizes right as follows:
- Size 5: 27.5” – for boys and girls aged 7 to 12
- Size 6: 28.5” – for boys aged 12 to 15 & women
- Size 7: 29.5” – for boys aged 15+ and men
When buying a ball, for sure, you need to think of your budget. Always bear in mind that the quality goes with the cost you need to pay. However, the comfort that a ball gives you when you play is more important. So a ball doesn’t have to be expensive, but it should be high-quality enough to have a good game.
1. Are rubber basketballs good for indoor?
In general rubber, balls are not as expensive as composite leather or genuine ones. It is not that nice to handle a rubber ball either. It is harder for players to grip. The nickname they often use to call a rubber ball is “Street basketball”.
2. What happens when you use indoor basketball outside?
Actually, it is ok to use an outdoor ball indoor. You can’t use the indoor balls outdoors as the hard texture of the court might scratch and damage the balls surface.
3. Is there a difference between indoor and outdoor basketballs?
The cover material makes the difference between indoor and outdoor basketballs. In general, the material used to produce indoor balls is full-grain leather, meanwhile, the outdoor ball is made of composite leather or rubber.
4. Is it bad to leave a basketball in the car?
You shouldn’t leave your ball in high-temperature places as the heat can destroy it. If you own a well-ventilated bag, I suggest you make use of it. If you don’t really use your basketball often, you can deflate and store it at room temperature.
5. Why does my basketball keep going flat?
A basketball can lose some air when you don’t use them daily. To maintain the bounce, a basketball needs the right amount of air pressure. When they produce a ball, they test the drop and print the ideal air near the hole on the ball.
Conclusion – which is the best indoor basketball?
So you can see that there is a wide range of indoor basketballs on the market now. Therefore, if you are not a professional and just want to have fun, you don’t need to be too demanding, right? But if you are a serious player, then you should consider it more carefully.
- Top 5 Best Women’s Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Outdoor Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour or Reebok (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Budget Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
I hope you can figure out which ball to choose after reading my article. And never forget, money is important but getting the right basketball is very necessary too. If you like any type, just go with your gut feeling. And don’t forget to have fun!
Latest Indoor Basketballs Bestselling ON SALE!
- THROW IT! GRIP IT! CATCH IT!
- All weather 9.25" water football...
- Features a special grip pattern for...
- Indoor and outdoor basketball hoop...
- Includes an oversized rim and 3...
- Develops social, motor skills and...
- Official size and weight: Size 7,...
- Performance outdoor rubber cover
- Deep channel design for superior...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2022-07-05 at 21:06 via Amazon Product Advertising API.