This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Basketball is one of the most popular sport all over the world. Although it does not require unique custom-like swimming or hockey, you still need to find unique shoes for the best and safest performance. When playing basketball, you will have to run and jump a lot, so a good pair of shoes will help to protect your feet, ankle, and joints.
- Top 7 Best Ankle Support Basketball Shoes: Nike, Reebok or Adidas (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour or Jordan Air (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For Guards: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2020 Reviews)
Among many designs, the low-top basketball shoe is the favorite of many basketball players because of its lightweight and flexibility. This article will show you the 7 best low-top basketball shoes in 2020 with the latest review and buying guides.
- Top 7 Best Low Top Basketball Shoes Of All Time 2020
- #1 Best Overall: Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 Low Basketball Shoe
- #2 Best for Wide Feet: Adidas Men’s D.o.n. Issue #1 Basketball Shoe
- #3 Best for Flat Feet: Nike Kobe Mamba Focus Basketball Shoes
- #4 Best for Kids: NIKE Older Kids’ Tanjun Sneakers
- #5 Best for Women: Nike Women’s Low-Top Trainers
- #6 Most Reviewed: Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
- #7 Best in Budget: Nike Men’s Air Baseline Low Basketball Shoes
- How To Choose Best Low Top Basketball Shoes
- Final Words
- Latest Low Top Basketball Shoes Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 7 Best Low Top Basketball Shoes Of All Time 2020
#1 Best Overall: Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 Low Basketball Shoe
- Bounce cushioning provides enhanced...
- Mesh upper for breathability
- Forgefiber in the upper features...
The first product in our list of the best low-top basketball shoes is the Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 low basketball shoe. And it is also the best overall: price, design, and materials.
This pair of shoes have a synthetic mesh upper that is very soft and breathable for hours of training. Also, the low-cut silhouette will offer you better ankle mobility. And the TPU shank of the shoes is also ideal for lateral support.
And last, the shoe comes with bounce midsole to provide you more responsive cushioning for high-intensive training. And it grips well on the ground yet still be flexible thanks to the lightweight.
- Excellent design for flexible movements
- Lightweight and mobile
- Good cushioning and breathable
- Amazing grips
- Good arch support
- Tight heel area
After considering many aspects, we think that Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 low basketball shoe is the perfect shoe for both beginners and professionals to practice basketball.
#2 Best for Wide Feet: Adidas Men’s D.o.n. Issue #1 Basketball Shoe
- Lightweight basketball shoes...
- Regular fit; Lace closure;...
- Textile upper with...
If you have wide feet, the best low-top basketball shoes for you is Adidas Men’s D.O.N Issue #1 Basketball. It comes with a very fresh appearance that you will love.
Unlike other basketball shoes on my list, this item has synthetic sole instead of rubber sole. However, it is still very lightweight and flexible enough for free movements. Also, this pair of shoes is regular to wide fit, which means that you can play basketball for hours without swallowing or scratching.
And last, this version of Adidas also has bounce cushioning that can provide you responsive cushioning for better comfort and flexibility.
- Ideal for people with wide feet
- Lightweight and flexible
- Better cushioning for more comfortable
- Excellent grip
Adidas Men’s D.O.N Issue #1 Basketball has everything you need for a good pair of basketball shoes. And it is ideal for people with wide feet.
#3 Best for Flat Feet: Nike Kobe Mamba Focus Basketball Shoes
- Mamba-inspired tread pattern offers...
- Molded Swoosh-shaped framework and...
- Embossed upper material elevates...
If you have flat feet, you will have to pay extra money for better quality shoes and insoles. And the best low-top basketball shoes for flat feet are Nike Kobe Mamba Focus Basketball Shoes.
Although it is expensive, Nike Kobe has Air Zoom cushioning technology – the latest and also the standard cushioning technology of Nike, which is very soft and supportive. And the upper material is embossed, so it is more stable.
And last, this item has a molded swoosh-shaped framework and heel cage. And these two features make this shoe very lightweight while supportive.
- Excellent quality pair of shoes
- Latest Nike technology for exceptional support
- Lightweight and stable
- It is pricey
Everything happens for reasons. And Nike Kobe Mamba Focus Basketball Shoes is expensive because it has the latest technologies and the best features of Nike. And that is why your investment is worth it.
#4 Best for Kids: NIKE Older Kids’ Tanjun Sneakers
The best low-top basketball shoes for kids are the Nike Older Kid’s Tanjun sneaker. This product has various sizes for kids from 1 to 12 years old. Also, it comes with more than 30 colors for both two genders.
Nike made this pair of shoes from durable synthetic upper and rubber sole. And it means that this pair of shoes can handle the hardest training and matches. Also, the boots have secure lace-up construction with the comfort collar that can bring your children the best performance.
And last, you may find in this pair of shoes comfortable cushioned and breathable insoles. As a result, it can provide excellent cushion and support for hours of activity.
- Durable and well-made construction
- High-quality material
- Breathable and good cushioning
- Excellent quality midsole and outsole
- The size is smaller than expectation
Although Nike did not name this pair of shoes as a basketball shoe, Nike Older Kid’s Tanjun sneaker still has everything your youth need for a basketball match.
#5 Best for Women: Nike Women’s Low-Top Trainers
The best low-top basketball shoes for women is Nike Women’s Low-top trainers. This item is very reasonable with a charming design for women’s use. And it is not very expensive.
In our first impression, the shoe is very soft and comfortable. All the insole and surrounding are weak, and because it is made of mesh, it is very breathable. Also, the shoes come with a well-made outsole for better cushioning.
And last, it is worth to pay for this pair of shoes because it comes with so many other helpful features. And some of them are padded collar, full-length injected unit insole, and also a waffle outsole pattern.
- Reasonable price
- Charming design for women
- Soft and comfortable
- Well-cushioned and supportive
- Not good gripping ability
Nike Women’s Low-top trainers is best for women and girls who want to start with basketball. For professional players, it may not be good enough.
#6 Most Reviewed: Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a...
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color...
- Durable leather overlays for...
Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 running shoe is the item that has received most compliments from thousands of customers. Although it is a running shoe, it has all you have for a semi-specialized basketball match.
This item has a rubber sole with an outstanding construction for people who want a balance of cushioning and flexibility. Also, the mesh upper is very lightweight and breathable.
And last, it is very reasonable. And the outsole pattern with block design is excellent gripping while still very mobile, too.
- Reasonable price
- Flexible and good cushioning
- Lightweight and breathable
- It is slightly wide
If you want to find an inexpensive pair of shoes to start with basketball, Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 running shoe is the ideal choice for you. But if you are a professional athlete, it is not a proper choice.
#7 Best in Budget: Nike Men’s Air Baseline Low Basketball Shoes
The last product in my list of best low-top basketball shoes is Nike Men’s Air Baseline Low Basketball Shoes. And it is the best item for a limited budget.
Although it is cheap, it comes with so many helpful features, including the synthetic sole, specially designed for support. Also, the synthetic upper makes a sporty appearance for this item, while the whole design can confirm breathability.
And last, this product has Encap air in the heel to protect your heel from collision and impact. When combining with the rubber outsole and an outrigger, it provides you the best support.
- Low price
- Excellent support
- Sporty appearance
- A little narrow in the tip
Nike Men’s Air Baseline Low Basketball Shoes is the best low-top basketball shoe for the price. It is ideal for students, beginners, and amateur players.
How To Choose Best Low Top Basketball Shoes
When to find the best basketball shoes, you should carefully check out nine typical features. They are length cut, tongue, lacing, upper design, toe box, sole, insole, and heel. And here are our tips for you to choose the best low-top basketball shoes.
- Top 9 Best Basketball Shoes for Kids: Nike, Adidas, Wetike or Under Armour (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For Volleyball Players: Nike, Adidas, Asics or Mizuno (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet & Ankle Support (2020 Reviews)
The best basketball shoe is the one that has the best cushioning. Each brand will develop its technology to make its cushioning design. However, there are two basic types of cushioning: soft cushioning and firm cushioning.
If you are lightweight and you play in the position that requires less collision, you can take a look at the soft cushioning shoes like some version of Adidas and Nike air. If you are heavyweight who always have to face collision, you should choose the firm cushioning design.
2. Toe Box
The toe box is the main feature that decides if your shoe fit with your feet or not. So, here are some tips for you to choose the toe box:
- Choose the one that is flexible enough for your toe to move inside
- Choose the one that fit the width and volume of your feet
- Make sure that you have space to move your toe, but it is not too big, so your feet will slip inside
To choose the right fit, you should try running, jumping, stretching on your toes to make sure that your toes are comfortable inside the shoes. You can also wear the socks that you will wear during training to make sure that it is the right fit.
And last, many professionals say that you should buy shoes in the afternoon for the most accurate fit because it is the time that your feet are most comprehensive. When buying a basketball shoe, you can see in the product’s description “regular fit,” “wide fit.” And it is also a functional basement for you to buy shoes online.
For the outsole, it should be a rubber compound. This material is the best material for the outsole because it is lightweight and has an excellent grip. Also, the outsole should have a moderate thickness that can provide enough cushioning for you. At the same time, it still allows you to have a real feel when touching the ground.
When buying basketball shoes, you should also pay attention to the outsole pattern. Some people think that it is only for decoration. But for many professional players, the outsole pattern is the virtual feature that decides the flexibility and the ability of gripping. The flat outsole tends to slip while the arrow pattern often grips better.
For the insole, it should be soft, breathable, and suitable with your feet, especially when you have flat feet. The insole will give your feet cushioning and support.
4. Upper Material
Recently, there are hundreds of materials for basketball shoes. You can find traditional metal or the latest textile. You can find shoes with synthetic fabric or even leather. However, if you want to find the best low-top basketball shoes, you should choose the ones that have soft and durable material.
The upper material must be soft enough to make your feet comfortable inside. Meanwhile, it has to be strong enough to protect your feet from the accident. And it should also be breathable so you will have the best feeling and the best performance.
1. How much does a pair of basketball shoes cost?
A: The price of basketball shoes is various among brands, designs, and materials. You can find on Amazon a 40$ pair of shoes, and you can also find a $400 pair of shoes. Our advice is you don’t need to buy the most expensive one, and you should buy the most suitable one.
2. Is low-top basketball shoe better than mid-top and high-top shoes?
A: Each type of design has both pros and cons. For example, the low-top basketball shoe often lighter and more flexible than the mid-top and high-top shoes. Meanwhile, the high-top shoe can support the arch and ankle better than the low-top shoes. So, based on your requirements, you should choose the most suitable one for you.
3. Who makes the best low-top basketball shoes?
A: Each brand will have typical products that are beneficial to a group of users. And that is why we don’t have an exact answer for this question. However, if you don’t know which brands to choose, you can look at some famous brands like Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, and Jordan.
4. Can you wear basketball shoes for other sports?
Yes, you can if this sport does not have special requirements. In our experience, basketball shoes are trendy in the world’s street style and GYM rooms. You can wear basketball shoes like a pair of running shoes for running, basketball and more.
So, above is all information about the best low-top basketball shoes, including the detailed reviews of the best seven items on the market. And we also mentioned the latest buying guides for you to make the best decision. We hope that the information in this article will be helpful for you to have the best training.
- Top 7 Best High Top Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Kobe (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Performance Basketball Shoes: Adidas, Nike, Reebok, Lining or Under Armour (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Traction Basketball Shoes For Indoor & Outdoor (2020 Reviews)
The best low-top basketball shoes do not need to be the most expensive one. But if you found a good-quality pair of shoes, don’t hesitate to pay some extra money. This small amount of money will save you hundreds of dollars if you, unfortunately, get injuries.
Latest Low Top Basketball Shoes Bestselling ON SALE!
- Mesh/Artificial leather/Rubber
- Provides stability, support,...
- Regular fit; Lace closure
- Textile and canvas upper for...
- Molded and padded ankle collar for...
- Leather midfoot panel provides...
- Foam midsole provides lightweight,...
- Low-top design offers containment...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-03-03 at 20:07 via Amazon Product Advertising API.