This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Every basketball player wants to find the best performance basketball shoes. And for professional players, a good pair of shoes is even more critical because it will decide your performance on the game.
The best performance basketball shoes must give you the best cushioning and support. As a result, it can protect you from the impact of running and jumping and collision. Also, it must make your feet comfortable inside so that you will have the best feeling when playing.
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet & Ankle Support (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best High Top Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Kobe (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Basketball Socks To Prevent Blisters (2021 Reviews)
And in this article, we have the seven best performance basketball shoes with detailed reviews and buying guides for you. Let’s check it out!
- Top 7 Best Performance Basketball Shoes Of All Time 2021 Reviews
- #1 Best Overall: LI-NING All-City Wade Men Cushioning Basketball Shoes
- #2 Best for Point Guards: Nike Men’s Air Precision NBK Basketball Shoe
- #3 Best for Center: Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 4 Basketball Shoe
- #4 Best for Wide Feet: Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 Basketball Shoe
- #5 Best for Arch Support: Nike Men’s Basketball Shoes
- #6 Most Reviewed: Reebok Men’s Royal BB 4500 HI2 Basketball Shoes
- #7 Best in Budget: Adidas Men’s Pro Next 2019 Basketball Shoe
- How to Choose The Best Performance Basketball Shoes
- How much does the best performance basketball shoe cost?
- Should you wear basketball shoes daily or when playing other sports?
- Should you choose basketball shoes with tie laces or without tie laces?
- Does it save money when buying cheap basketball shoes or fake shoes?
- Which upper material should I choose: fabric textile or leather?
- Final Words
- Latest Performance Basketball Shoes Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 7 Best Performance Basketball Shoes Of All Time 2021 Reviews
#1 Best Overall: LI-NING All-City Wade Men Cushioning Basketball Shoes
- UPPER MATERIAL: The upper of Lining...
- SOLE MATERIAL: EVA midsole helps...
- LI-NING CLOUD: The shoes midsole...
The first product in our list of best performance basketball shoes is Li-Ning All-City Wade Men Cushioning Basketball. Although it is pricey, it has everything you need for a professional basketball shoe.
For a basketball shoe, the sole is an essential feature. And this item comes with EVA midsole, which is useful in reducing the shoe’s weight and offers the user a soft and comfortable feeling. Also, the rubber outsole makes the boots more wear resistant and skid-resistant.
And last, the Tuff RB material is a big plus to maintain durability. And the new cushioning technology can absorb landing impact force.
- Excellent sole material and design
- Latest cushioning technology
- Good looking
Li-Ning All-City Wade Men Cushioning Basketball is the best choice for both beginners and professional players to wear when playing basketball.
#2 Best for Point Guards: Nike Men’s Air Precision NBK Basketball Shoe
The best performance basketball shoes for point guards is the Nike Men’s Air Precision NBK Basketball Shoe. The design is always the unique feature of Nike. And this product has a beautiful appearance.
This item has a rubber sole, which can provide you excellent traction. At the same time, it still allows you to move forward at full speed naturally. Also, the synthetic fabric can absorb moisture to create a breathable atmosphere.
And last, this item is a high-top basketball shoe so that it can provide you excellent arch and ankle support. And it is not very pricey.
- Attractive appearance
- Excellent support
- Well-made outsole and insole
- Breathable upper material
- It looks bulky
Nike Men’s Air Precision NBK Basketball Shoe is the perfect combination of form and function. It is the best choice for every point guard.
#3 Best for Center: Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 4 Basketball Shoe
- Molded synthetic upper for a...
- Perforated leather delivers...
- Lightweight, super-breathable...
The next product in our list of the best performance basketball shoes is the Under Armor Men’s Lockdown 4 basketball shoe. It is a mid-top basketball shoe so that it can protect your ankle quite well during the game.
Also, the mid-top design makes this shoe lighter and more flexible than the high-top. Since it is light and flexible, it allows you to move freely with no difficulty.
And last, the cushioning of the shoes is a big plus. It has underfoot cushioning so it can protect your joints better. The material of the shoes is very soft and breathable with the hole design.
- Reasonable price
- Lightweight, flexible and breathable
- Excellent sole design for better support
- Good cushioning
- It is a tight fit
Under Armor Men’s Lockdown 4 basketball shoe is ideal for the center position because it is lightweight, flexible. At the same time, they still grip well on the ground and are very stable.
#4 Best for Wide Feet: Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 Basketball Shoe
- Regular fit
- Mesh upper; Forgefiber in the upper...
- Cable lacing system with webbing...
If you are looking for the best performance basketball shoes for wide-feet, Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 low Basketball Shoe is the top priority. This product is best for people with flat feet.
The shoe comes with a synthetic mesh upper for softer and more breathable feeling. Also, the low-cut silhouette is useful for ankle mobility.
And last, the bounce midsole is a plus to provide you responsive cushioning for high-intensive training. And it is very lightweight and flexible.
- Well-made for intense training
- Lightweight and flexible
- Excellent cushioning and grip ability
- Tight heel area
After considering many aspects, especially for the sole design, we think that Adidas Originals Men’s Pro Bounce 2018 low Basketball Shoe is the ideal choice for people with flat feet to play basketball.
#5 Best for Arch Support: Nike Men’s Basketball Shoes
- Textile and synthetic construction...
- Forefoot mesh enhances...
- Foam midsole with encapsulated Nike...
Nike Men’s Basketball Shoe is the next item in our list of the best performance basketball shoes. This item comes with forefoot mesh, so it is very soft and breathable.
Also, the midfoot webbing system is the unique feature of this item that can lock and prevent accidents. And the mid-top design can balance agility and containment.
And last, it has heel helps to absorb impact when you are landing, jumping, or running intensively. The herringbone rubber sole is ideal for gripping and moving.
- Soft and breathable
- Good cushioning
- Excellent support
- Simple and trendy design
- Too much arch support
With all the following robust features, Nike Men’s Basketball Shoe is the best choice for people who need arch support. However, if you don’t have any arch problem, it could not be very comfortable.
#6 Most Reviewed: Reebok Men’s Royal BB 4500 HI2 Basketball Shoes
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL:...
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: These...
- REMOVABLE ORTHOTICS INSERT: This...
The basketball shoes that have received most of the compliments from customers is Reebok Men’s Royal BB 4500 Hi2 Basketball Shoe. This product comes with very excellent design and excellent support.
This item is a high-cut shoe so it can provide you excellent ankle support. However, the high-top design makes them bulky and not as flexible as the mid-top and low-top design.
But please don’t worry about the weight. Although this item is stable, it is not heavyweight thanks to the EVA foam sock liner. Also, it has a high abrasion-resistant rubber outsole.
- Excellent ankle support
- Durable and well-made
- Excellent impact protection
- Bulky and not breathable
Reebok Men’s Royal BB 4500 Hi2 Basketball Shoe is a great basketball shoe for people who always have to joint in intense training. For professionals, it is not enough.
#7 Best in Budget: Adidas Men’s Pro Next 2019 Basketball Shoe
- B-ball shoes built for comfort and...
- Regular fit
- Synthetic upper for durability
If you are looking for the best performance basketball shoe in a limited budget, Adidas Men’s Pro Next 2019 Basketball shoe is the best choice for you. It comes with a very trendy appearance and rich content at a reasonable price.
As you can see, this pair of shoes is a regular fit, not too tight or too full. As a result, your feet will always be safe and comfortable inside. Also, the upper design is the other strong point of these shoes. It is an excellent combination of leather and mesh, which makes the boots trendy but breathable.
And last, the traction of the shoes is a big plus. It can grip excellently on the ground while still very flexible.
- Perfect fit
- Comfortable and trendy
- Durable and good traction
- Not very good ankle support
Adidas Men’s Pro Next 2019 Basketball shoe is a great basketball shoe for the price. It fits perfectly and makes you comfortable for long training time.
How to Choose The Best Performance Basketball Shoes
You must answer all of the following questions to decide if this pair of shoes is the best performance basketball shoes or not.
The cushioning of the shoes is the feature that will absorb the impact of intensely moving and jumping. As a result, it can protect your ankles and joints when you are playing basketball. Wearing a pair of shoes with inadequate cushioning is the same as wearing a pair of standards to play basketball.
The heavier you are, the better cushioning you will need. The more collision you tend to face, the better cushioning you will need.
Recently, all the sport sneaker brands have their technology of cushioning. Among them, Adidas and Nike seem to have the best cushioning technology. Based on your requirements, you can choose soft cushioning or firm cushioning as long as it makes you comfortable.
If your shoes are too tight, they will leave in your feet scratches, blisters, and swelling. On the opposite side, if your shoes are too broad, your feet will slip inside, and your shoes can slip off during intense movements. And they both lead to the same situation: injuries.
To see if the shoes are fit with your feet or not, you should take a try in the afternoon with the socks that you will wear in the game. Also, don’t forget to try walking, running, and jumping to see if your feet are inside the shoes or not.
On extra tips for you, there are now various basketball shoe designs, and each of them will be suitable with small feet or wide feet. You should read the product description carefully or ask the seller for advice.
The comfort of the shoes relates to all features, including insole, outsole, upper material, laces, and more. The best performance basketball shoes must be breathable, soft, supportive, and fit perfectly with your feet.
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For Guards: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Basketball Shoes for Kids: Nike, Adidas, Wetike or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For Volleyball Players: Nike, Adidas, Asics or Mizuno (2021 Reviews)
There are only two ways for you to make sure your shoes are comfortable or not: one is to try it on, and the other is to read the instructions and reviews carefully.
How much does the best performance basketball shoe cost?
It is varied. The price of basketball shoes is among a few dozen and a few hundred dollars. This price is based on brand, origin, materials, technology, and so many other features.
Should you wear basketball shoes daily or when playing other sports?
Yes, you can. Apart from the fashion range, the best performance basketball shoes can bring you cushioning, support, comfort. And it also can save your ankle and joint. Hence, it can protect you in the game and protect you in daily life, especially when you have to move a lot.
Should you choose basketball shoes with tie laces or without tie laces?
Some people think that shoes without tie laces can be loosened when you are playing basketball. However, if you invest in the right and high-quality product, you will find that it has a similar comfort and fit with the tie-laces shoes. Adidas is a famous brand that you can consider.
Does it save money when buying cheap basketball shoes or fake shoes?
No, it does not. By saving some dollars to buy cheap basketball shoes, you will have to face so many severe consequences. And it will result in hundreds of dollars for recovering from injuries. Or in the worst situation, you will have to stop playing basketball for a long time.
Which upper material should I choose: fabric textile or leather?
It depends on your requirements. Each of the materials above have both pros and cons. For example, fabric textile is often more breathable, while leather is usually more durable. So, if you want to find a soft and breathable pair of shoes, fabric textile is a better choice. But if you’re going to see a durable and reliable pair of shoes, leather is better.
So, above is all the information we want to show you about the best performance basketball shoes. Our article consists of the seven best products with a detailed review for you to select. And in case you don’t like any of them, you can take a look at the buying guides to equip yourself with knowledge and choose the most suitable one for you.
- Top 7 Best Adidas Basketball Shoes For Outdoor, Wide Feet & Flat Feet (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Ankle Support Basketball Shoes: Nike, Reebok or Adidas (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour or Jordan Air (2021 Reviews)
If you want to start playing any sports, you must prepare yourself with all the needed equipment. And for basketball, a good pair of shoes is one of the most important things that you need to buy. And we believe that the information in this article is enough for you to make the best choice.
Latest Performance Basketball Shoes Bestselling ON SALE!
- Performance Grip Basketball is a...
- Performance Grip Basketball is a...
- Continual use of Performance Grip...
- Lightweight PU + Rubber paster...
- Wearable rubber outsole with...
- Basketball sneakers for men and...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-09-26 at 05:08 via Amazon Product Advertising API.