Are you searching for the best MMA Gloves? There are so many types on the market today. How to choose the best suitable for yourself? Don’t miss this post, you might find a helpful answer here!
If you are a professional MMA athlete, you know how crucial it is to own the right gloves. It is not only about your performance but also your safety. The best MMA Gloves should protect fighters’ hands and wrist without creating any movement restriction. Fighters should feel comfortable while wearing them.
MMA Gloves can be very expensive. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t find a good pair at an affordable price. In my opinion, their qualities are much more important. A good pair of MMA gloves should be solid, durable, and long-lasting.
- Top 9 Best MMA Headgears: Venum, Sanabul or Hayabusa (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Muay Thai Shin Guards For Beginners & Professionals (2020 Reviews)
Among the wide range of gloves, you still need to pick one for yourself. In this guide, I will write an in-depth review of each product’s details and factors that you should think through before buying. Check it out!
- Top 7 Best MMA Gloves For Heavy Bag, Sparring & Training 2020
- Factors To Choose The Best MMA Gloves
- Latest MMA Gloves Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 7 Best MMA Gloves For Heavy Bag, Sparring & Training 2020
#1 Hayabusa T3 MMA Gloves
- The Hayabusa T3 MMA gloves are...
- The pre-curved design helps reduce...
- The Hayabusa Y-Volar design...
There is no doubt that Hayabusa T3 is one of the biggest names for MMA gears. They feature the ultimate versatility and protection. This is the best option for sparring, combat, and striking. All levels of athletes can use them.
I rate this product 9 out of 10. They design the pre-curved to reduce hand fatigue during competition. The multi-direction Dual Strap Closure is unmatched to protect your hands and wrist. The patented wrist support technology ensures the best protection by helping eliminate the hand strain. This support is amazing!
The material of the inner part is very gentle to your knuckles. They trim the leather carefully so that your fingers will never be cut. But you should ensure to choose the right size, otherwise, you might cause the injuries for yourself.
The price of the T3 is a bit higher but you won’t regret your money. They are very long-lasting. I believe this product is the best fit for competing and training.
- For all levels of athletes
- Multi-direction Dual strap closure
- Work best at striking, combating and sparring
- Great wrist support technology
- 6 colors to choose
- Good leather
- Breaking in the gloves takes a bit of time
#2 Venum Challenger MMA Gloves
- Layered foam for better protection...
- High wrist maintaining thanks to an...
- Exclusive Velcro strap System for...
The Venum Challenger is a reasonable product with great quality. Venum is a well-known brand for its stunning style and safety. This is a designed-in- Thailand product.
They make sure there are great protection and shock absorption through the layered foam. This product brings great support and comfort. The risk of wrist injury is very low thanks to the wide leather Velcro closure. The double – closure system can ensure a great fit for your wrist.
The Venum company focused very much on stitching the seams. They use high-density thread so the gloves can handle more strain. This is an outstanding feature in their product.
These gloves are not the most expensive, yet their high quality is very competitive. They are durable, well-fitted, and solid. They have padded thumbs.
- Stunning style
- Great protection and shock absorption through a layered foam
- Affordable price
- Well- fitted
- A high-density thread so the gloves can handle more strain
- The wide leather Velcro closure, double- closure system
- Padded thumbs
- Should design more palm protection
#3 Combat Sport Max Strike MMA Gloves
- 2" of molded foam padding making it...
- Comfortable ergonomic fit
- Hinged knuckle allows for a full...
Combat Sport Max Strike is one of the must-have items if you are a serious player. But it doesn’t mean a beginner can not use them. They are suitable for all levels, and even kids.
They have a contact pad that is applied to IMF technology. This is phenomenal! When you punch, you might feel it is like 16 oz. gloves. When you strike, it is quite light and fast. The pre-curved foam makes it easy for you to do that. It is especially so soft that your partner doesn’t get hurt when you hit them.
The product is made from high- quality leather. They are well constructed. The palm part is an open design so you can have more skin contact. You will totally feel comfortable with this.
It is vital to protect your wrist in this game. Understanding this, the Combat Sport company designed a wrap-around strap to increase the wrist support for the players. The best part of these gloves is the hinged knuckle. The wearer can obtain more motion than when they wear traditional gloves.
- Suitable for all levels and kids
- Phenomenal pad with IMF technology
- Pre-curve foam to make it soft
- High-quality leather
- Open palm design to bring more skin contact
- Wrap-around strap to protect players’ wrist
- Hinged knuckle
- They should improve the size chart
#4 Everlast Train Advanced MMA Gloves
- Anatomical thumb padding provides...
- Anatomical thumb padding provides...
The Everlast Train Advanced MMA is perfect for sparring. They are equipped with thick padding. It covers the front knuckles, around & over the thumbs and fingers. You can fight really hard without worrying to hurt your partner. At the same time, the padding over and around the thumbs can prevent you from injuries when grappling.
The anatomical thumb padding can reinforce the finger loops. This product features an 18″” hook & loop wrist strap with tri-sect closure which brings better support and protection. Wearers can also adjust to make it fit their wrists.
The unique point of this Everlast Train is the Everdri technology. Gloves are kept in cool and dry conditions even in long training.
This is an affordable product, yet has great value, even for beginners. They are very sturdy. The company offers a warranty period of 120 days from the date of purchase.
- Perfect for sparring
- Thick padding covers front knuckles, fingers, and thumbs
- Anatomical thumb padding reinforces the finger loops
- 18″” hook & loop wrist strap with tri-sect closure to bring better support and protection
- Everdri Technology
- Very sturdy
- Should improve the palm support
#5 RDX MMA Gloves
- Maya hide leather for durability....
- Tri-Slab PC3 Padding deliver...
- Dual Quick EZ Hook-and-Loop closure...
RDX is an excellent choice for MMA. The price is lower because they use lower-cost materials. These gloves are made from 100% authentic Maya hide leather. This works better for tractability, crack resistance, tear, and more.
These gloves are designed for impact resistance. They don’t use gel technology but layered foals. The tri-layered padding can give a great punch when you practice or compete. The RDX also owns an open palm design which promotes more airflow to keep the players’ hands ventilated.
They design a quick EZ Hook-and-Loop closure so you can easily put on and off. The wide closure offers better security for the player’s wrist.
There are 4 different colors for you to choose from. I prefer black and red together. If you are looking for a cheaper option with really high quality, RDX is great to go.
- Lower price yet great quality
- Made from 100% authentic Maya hide leather
- Impact resistance
- Great punch
- Open palm design to promote airflow
- Quick EZ Hook-and-Loop closure
- Very secured
- Takes a long time to break-in
#6 Sanabul Essential MMA Gloves
- Just What You Need: Our Essential...
- For the Complete Fighter: Our 7oz....
- Designed to Endure: We want Sanabul...
Sansabul Essential MMA Gloves are perfect. You should consider this pair for its great value. This is a great fit for beginners.
It is recommended to use these gloves for sparring but not punching bags. They use Engineered leather to construct which ensures durability. It is very easy to clean and maintain these gloves.
Dura foam padding offers players great softness and protection. Your hands can prevent you from being hurt in the training. The innovative closure system which helps you lock these gloves in place for the whole session. Also, it is very easy to put on or take off. You can wear hand wraps inside if you want to.
The Sanabul also has open palm design. Fighters can grapple freely. This product is tested by professionals in the training. So you can totally rely on these gloves’ quality.
- Great for sparring
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Dura foam padding prevents the injuries
- Innovative closure system
- Open palm design
- Perfect fit for beginners
- Tested by professionals
- The foam needs some time to form to your fingers
#7 Cheerwing MMA Gloves
- Made of high-quality PU leather and...
- Widened wrist strap of sparring...
- Fingerless design with thumb...
The Cheerwing MMA gloves are incredible. They are highly praised for the best price. The quality is amazing too. They are made of PU leather and EVA foaming. This offers better shock absorbency and impact resistance. You can clean them easily.
They design a wide strap that allows you to customize the fit. This can bring solid protection to your wrists. The fingers’ paddings are thick enough for you to conduct any training with your partner.
The gloves own perforated palms design. Fighters’ hands can be more ventilated. And this can keep the fit of the gloves. The thumbs are well protected. This causes no problem if you want to do some striking. This product is suitable for both males and females.
- Best budget
- Great for striking
- Good wrist support
- Perforated palm design
- Suitable for both male and female
- Good shock absorbency and impact resistance
- A bit cumbersome
Factors To Choose The Best MMA Gloves
There are a few key factors you should consider before purchasing a pair of MMA gloves
1. Type of gloves
MMA is divided into 3 main types, namely competition, grappling and sparring. Grappling gloves give the fighters more finger movement. In general, you don’t use these gloves in serious competition, but they are very helpful for training related to grappling or clinch work.
About sparring, the gloves support players in accuracy and technique. If you need to do long training, sparring gloves are needed. Sparring gloves are generally heavier and bring extra protection to your hands.
You should choose carefully when it comes to competition gloves. They rarely have padding. You should always use hand wraps when wearing these gloves. As the competition gloves might cause more damage to your opponent, you should watch your hands carefully too.
The materials used for MMA gloves are very diverse. Genuine or synthetic leather is the most common. The price of using synthetic leather is lower. As a result, the quality of genuine leather is better. They are softer and more durable.
However, I personally think you should do what you like and within your budget. There are positive and negative comments or feedback about different products as usual. You will need to be critical and have your own opinions.
To give clearer details, training and sparring gloves are normally heavier than the competition ones. The normal gloves (training and sparring) weigh from 7 – 10 ounces. The competition type weighs around 4 or 6 ounces. Depending on your preference, you can choose different types for different purposes.
Wearing the right size of gloves is pivotal. The best way to calculate is to measure your palm. Of course, it depends on the brands too. But to be honest, the difference is very slight. Each brand needs to clarify its own product measurement.
Normally, 4 sizes are ranging from normal to XL. If you want to be careful, you can check their size chart.
Do you know that wearing the wrong size of MMA gloves can cause injuries to your hands? Then go get the right ones!
- Top 7 Best MMA Shorts For Big Guys: Hayabusa, Sanabul or Meister (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Mouthguards For MMA: Venum, Everlast, Shock Doctor or Impact Custom (2020 Reviews)
1. Can you spar with MMA gloves?
For sure you can. But you should be extra careful when doing that. When you wear these kinds of gloves, you’d better spar around 25% of your maximum effort.
2. Should MMA gloves be tight?
The MMA gloves should fit on your hands. It is not good to wear too tight gloves. It might restrict your blood flow.
3. Do you need warps with MMA gloves?
Perhaps MMA is one of the safest full contact sports today. MMA is even safer than boxing regarding risks of serious injuries.
4. How do you break in MMA gloves?
You can open and close your hands, then punch the gloves into each other. When you want to break them in, you should imitate what you will use them for. Just do enough to stop them annoying you, don’t do too much. The rest will be done when you spar more.
There we go! I highly recommend you to go through all the products that I have mentioned above. There are a lot of options to choose from both online and offline. My suggestion is to always know what you are buying. The right choice from now will save you from issues in the upcoming time.
- Top 7 Best MMA Hand Wraps For Professionals & Beginners (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best MMA Walkout Songs Of All Time [YouTube]
Latest MMA Gloves Bestselling ON SALE!
- New for Fall 2010! Premium...
- New design with refined glove...
- EverDri Technology- moisture...
- BREATHABLE BOXING GLOVES: The MMA...
- MULTI-PURPOSE HAND PROTECTION...
- MMA GLOVES WRIST SUPPORT & CUSTOM...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2020-09-26 at 02:07 via Amazon Product Advertising API.