This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Some people might think it is not important to look for suitable basketball shorts. But if you are a sports player, you will understand this necessity. In the past 20 years, basketball shorts have changed a lot in terms of materials, style, and design. Plus you don’t have to pay too much money to get a high-quality one.
On the outlook, it seems that most basketball shorts are similar. But when you learn deeper about the materials or manufacturing process, you will find out the difference.
- Top 5 Best Budget Basketball Shoes: Nike, Adidas or Under Armour (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Indoor Basketballs: Wilson Evolution, Molten or The Rock (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best College Basketball Jerseys To Buy (2021 Reviews)
And of course, you can wear basketball shorts to play football, work out, or even do housework. They are quite fashionable, affordable, and comfortable nowadays. In this article, I will review the top 5 best basketball shorts, mentioning each product’s pros and cons. There is a buying guide for you to take a look at.
- Top 5 Best Basketball Shorts 2021 Reviews
- Factors To Consider When Buying Basketball Shorts
- Latest Basketball Shorts Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 5 Best Basketball Shorts 2021 Reviews
There are different products on the market today. However, I have compiled all information about the 5 best basketball shorts that a basketball player should buy. Check it out!
#1 Armour Basketball Shorts
- HeatGear fabric is ultra-soft &...
- UPF 30 protects your skin from the...
- 4-way stretch construction moves...
If you are looking for a breathable and lightweight pair of shorts, the Armour is the right choice. The HeatGear fabric instead of plain polyester makes the shorts very soft and comfortable.
The material of these shorts can wick away the sweat after a long game. They can even dry super fast. This pair of shorts also come with anti-odor technology which prevents the growth of microbes.
A great value of these shorts is their 4-way stretch. You can freely move in any direction without worrying about them being torn. Your sideways launches won’t be an issue with this pair of shorts. You can even stretch them to your ankles if you want to test the stretching level.
Some people have complained that the pockets are big but I want my phone to be fit in the pocket as it is quite large. And this is perfect for me! The UDF 30 protection is a plus point. I can’t ask for more from a pair of shorts like this.
- Very lightweight and airy
- Soft and comfortable
- Wicks the sweat away quickly
- 4-way stretch
- UDF 30 protection
- Large pockets
- To some people, it might be a bit thin
#2 Adidas 3G Speed 2.0 Basketball Shorts
A lot of people say the Adidas 3G Speed 2.0 is the best product that they have ever worn. I share the same opinion. They have a great length and a nice waistband. You really feel comfortable in these shorts.
these Adidas shorts have a 12” inseam which gives your legs more space to move. It has the climalite fabric which does a great job of keeping you away from the sweat. One thing you should notice is that the shorts are quite baggy. And the sweat-wicking fabric works more effectively where it has contact with your skin, such as groin or waist.
There is a drawcord so you can adjust the waist elasticity as you wish. They have 2 side pockets, however, they are not too big. All in all, Adidas 3G Speed 2.0 brings you comfort, great fit, and other value at a good price.
- Quite long
- Good waistband
- The climalite fabric to wick the sweat away
- Drawcord to adjust the elasticity
- 2 side pockets
- Reasonable price
- The pocket is quite shallow. Your stuff might fall out when you sit down
#3 Pro Club Basketball Shorts
- High quality mesh for maximum...
- Superior comfortable with sports...
- Right rear pocket with Zipper
The Pro Club gets really high ratings from reviewers for their superior quality. They are thick but breathable. When you touch these shorts, you can really feel the strength of the material.
The waistband is quite wide which spreads the elastic compression in a bigger area. You will feel more comfortable. The product’s sizes and colors are very diverse. This makes sure that everyone can get the right fit as they wish.
This is a perfect match if you are looking for long shorts. They use 100% polyester fabric with mesh patterns so moisture can escape easily. Moreover, these shorts are very durable.
The bonus point is that the right rear pocket has a zipper. The side pockets are quite deep too. You can put your valuable stuff or money in them without worrying about them falling out.
Another thing you should consider about buying the Pro Club is its price. It is about average. However, durability, convenience, and comfort make them a very good deal to buy.
- Thick and long
- Breathable thanks to 100% polyester fabric with mesh patterns
- Diverse colors and sizes
- Deep pockets, the right rear pocket has a zipper
- Good price
- It fits tall people better
#4 Russel Athletic Shorts
- Breathable mesh construction offers...
- Dri-Power moisture wicking...
- Elastic waistband with internal...
You won’t regret your money on buying the Russel Athletic shorts. They are very comfortable and last long. And the price is very reasonable.
This pair is made of 100% polyester with a mesh design so the air can be ventilated well. You can wear them for a long period without feeling the need of changing new shorts. They are very soft too.
They apply the Dri-technology to produce these shorts. This maintains the coolness of your body. More than that, this pair has an elastic waistband with a draw-cord so you can adjust to make them fit you.
They also feature side pockets to keep small important stuff. This pair comes with various beautiful colors. You can have options to choose from.
- Comfortable and durable
- Light, airy and soft
- Dri-technology to keep your body cool
- A draw cord inside the waistband to adjust the fit
- Various colors
- Side pockets
- The string is easy to come off
#5 Nike Boys Assist Basketball Shorts
- NIKE Dry fabric helps keep you dry...
- Mesh panels help keep you cool
- Elastic waistband provides a...
If you want to buy a pair of basketball shorts for your boys, Nike is a perfect choice. The Nike Dry fabric helps you feel dry and comfortable even when you sweat a lot.
The younger players like something that has a cool look. And their design is really fashionable and nice. Plus, the polyester fabric is very soft when you touch them. It is very easy to wash them. They dried quite fast too.
These shorts also have quite big side pockets to store a phone. In general, these are very lightweight and fit shorts.
- Dry fabric to keep you cool
- Nice design, fashionable look
- Soft and dry fast
- Big side pockets
- A bit expensive
Factors To Consider When Buying Basketball Shorts
Most basketball shorts are made of polyester, cotton, or a mixture of different materials. Which material is the best? Each product has both advantages and disadvantages. In my opinion, the cotton material can absorb sweat very fast and easily, yet it takes very long to dry. Polyester can dry faster and keep you cooler during the games. On the other hand, cotton can be more durable than others.
- Top 7 Best Knee Brace for Basketball Players (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Basketball Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis & Knee Pain (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Basketball Mouthguard For Men, Women & Youth Players (2021 Reviews)
If you are playing in the cold weather, cotton can keep you warmer. This also means that in hotter times, cotton might not be the best option to go. Polyester can ventilate the air better. It can reduce the moisture amount too. In this case, polyester is more breathable.
Different people might have different standards of comfort. To me, a comfortable pair of shorts should possess these factors:
- Players can move freely in the game. But they should not be baggy
- Elastic waistband with the right level of stretch, not too tight. A drawcord attached will be a plus, so the wearer can adjust the fit as they wish
- 100% polyester material to absorb the sweat and dry fast
- Soft when you wear them
- Good looking. You can’t feel comfortable in a non-fashionable pair of shorts
Of course, you should look for the right size to have a perfect fit. Most products will consist of a size chart on their page for your reference. However, I would like to give you some more tips to check the fit.
- To get the number of your waist, you should measure around your stomach, in between your belly button and rib cage
- To measure your hip, you can measure the widest part which is right where your legs begin, close to your hip bone
Besides looking at the manufacturer’s size guide, you can also use your existing shorts to check the size. Just notice, different brands might bring some differences in terms of size.
Today, NBA players don’t really wear short shorts in a basketball match anymore. It seems to be outdated.
Most new shorts touch the wearer’s knee. However, it depends on a person’s preference. It doesn’t really bother the quality of the match. Your pleasure in a game is more important.
There are some other factors that you should consider when choosing a pair of basketball shorts:
- Pockets. Deep or shallow, big or small, all depend on your needs. If you want to store your phone, then go for a deep and big one. If you want to put some money in there, maybe you should think of a pocket with a zipper, etc.
- Adjustable waist. The waistband is another thing that decides your comfort. Choose a wide band, but elastic. To me, I prefer the one that has a drawcord so I can make it as tight as I wish.
- A long inseam to maximize your movement
1. What length should basketball shorts be?
It depends on your preference. Ideally, a distance of 2” or 3” to your kneecap is the best length.
2. Can a basketball player wear tights under the shorts?
Yes. NBA players usually wear compression tight under their shorts to increase the level of oxygen to the muscles and reduce muscle soreness after the match.
3. Why did basketball shorts get longer?
One time, Michael Jordan asked his manufacturer to wear longer shorts to have more comfort. Since then, the rest of the NBA has started to change the style to longer shorts.
4. How do you know if your shorts are too short?
The best way to check is by looking at your upper inner thighs. If you see the hem is right straight across your legs, then that is a good fit. But if it rides up, it means they are tight.
To conclude, a good pair of basketball shorts should bring you comfort and make you feel confident during the game. Price is one matter, but it is not all. You can still find a reasonable product with the qualities that you require. I hope this article will make it easy for you. And it can save your time to spend on buying basketball shorts. Be happy with your choice!
- Top 7 Best Ankle Braces for Basketball Players (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Basketball Hoops In Ground & For Home (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Basketball Knee Pads For Men, Women & Youth Players (2021 Reviews)
Latest Basketball Shorts Bestselling ON SALE!
- Train in confidence with this pack...
- Loose fit is designed for all day...
- Sport made better: we listen to...
- 5 IN 1 - Each set includes 5 pairs...
- STANDARD FIT - 5 U.S. sizes. Fuller...
- 10" INSEAM - Knee-length shorts...
- Jersey material as soft as your...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-05-06 at 07:08 via Amazon Product Advertising API.